Why Consider a VA Streamline Loan?
We offer VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loans (IRRRL) to help you take advantage of lower market interest rates with a simplified loan process.
Take advantage of favorable loan terms
As an eligible servicemember, veteran, or surviving spouse, you can take advantage of lower interest rates, a reduced Funding Fee for subsequent use, and avoid the cost and hassle of an appraisal.
Let JFQ Lending show you how
Our experienced mortgage professionals will review your complete financial profile and help you maximize the benefits of your VA Streamline refinance.
VA Loan FAQs
A VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL) is the simplest and easiest way to refinance your current VA loan into a lower interest rate, a shorter term loan, or a fixed rate from an adjustable rate loan.
Using a VA Streamline loan product, JFQ Lending can help you to refinance without having to qualify based on your income and credit all over again, or pay a full subsequent-use Funding Fee — and you can even avoid having to do another appraisal in most cases. Let our mortgage professionals show you how much you can save by streamlining.
VA Streamline refinance loans are an ideal option if you have a VA loan currently and are looking to benefit from lower interest rates, a lower monthly payment, or would like to move to the security of a fixed rate loan versus your current VA adjustable rate loan.
Unlike most other loan programs, a VA IRRRL requires limited documentation in order to close. Compared to conventional loans and even full-documentation VA loans, VA Streamline loans in most cases will not require you to qualify based on your income all over again. You can simply take advantage of the potential interest rate and payment savings. It is also likely that you will not need a new appraisal as part of your streamline refinance, saving you both time and money.
The basic requirements of a streamline refinance are:
- Your existing loan must be a VA loan.
- Your loan must be up to date and current on all payments in order to refinance (e.g. not in a delinquent status).
- There must be a Net-Tangible Benefit (NTB), as determined by VA guidelines for you to refinance, such as a reduction in interest rate/monthly payment or in the new loan term.
- You cannot receive cash-out in excess of $500 using the streamline refinance process.
It is important to note that a “streamline refinance” refers to the type of documentation and underwriting required and not the cost or structure of the loan itself. You will still need escrow and title work, county recording, and other required services to close your new loan. Since the VA does allow closing costs to be rolled into the new loan amount on an IRRRL, often you will not have to pay them out-of-pocket.
With over $800 million in VA loans funded in 2020, we have helped thousands of families improve their home financing. Let us show you how you can:
- Secure a low, fixed interest rate with a streamlined loan process.
- Begin the process with no deposit or upfront fees required.
- Complete your refinance without additional income and asset verification.
- Skip the appraisal.
- Avoid paying a full subsequent-use Funding Fee.
- We also have options for you to keep your current loan term or shorten the repayment time frame on your loan.
We are ready to help you streamline your VA loan, so why pay more than you have to?